Organization system and functions of the RPSC
The Executive Vice President for Research assumes the post of Director of the RPSC. The RPSC provides various types of research support according to the policy set by the Research Strategy Office(RSO), which draws up Tokyo Tech's research strategies, and is structured as follows:
Functions of the Research Project Support Center
The organizational structure of the Reseach Project Support Center
*The RPSC Headquarters: The PMs and MPs are based at the Headquarters.
The RPSC Headquarters give counsel on administration of duties entrusted to the RPSC, as well as duties not handled by respective Offices that are subordinate organizations of the RPSC.
- Public relations activities
- General consultation service and transfer of duties to the concerned office regarding research support
Responsibilities of individual Offices
Administration of Research Support Office (RSO):
Responsible for enhancement of Tokyo Tech's basic research operation support functions, organization of a support unit (headquarters) for the receipt of large research expenses, and management of implementation.
- Project support/arrangement
- Research project unit operation
- Fund management/implementation support
- Research consultation service, space management
- Public Relations support, evaluation support
- Management/operation of research information database
- Other duties related to enhancement of research operation support functions
Technical Support Office (TSO):
Responsible for maintenance and improvement of research facilities and enhancement of technical support functions allowing seamless utilization of technical support functions by members of the teaching staff and researchers.
- Servicing/maintenance/management of common research facilities
- Fabrication of materials for experiments
- Management/operation of facility management database
- Information network management/operation
- Management/supply of liquefied helium
- Other technical support
Research Safety Management Office (RSMO):
Responsible for providing the following services to reinforce research related safety management functions and to ensure safe and secure research environments.
- Chemical database management/operation
- Waste liquid treatment
- Isotope management
- Radiation control
- Animal experiment project management
- Other research safety management duties
*Individual Office web pages are currently being prepared. Should you have any questions regarding any individual Office, please contact the Headquarters Administrative Office of the RPSC.
Headquarters Administrative Office, Research Project Support Center:
Phone: 03-5734-3803 (direct dial)
* In order to send us e-mail, please replace # with @. This action is necessary in order to block unsolicited e-mails.
*See also the Technical Department homepage for information related to technical support.
*See also the Environmental Preservation Center (waste liquid treatment, high-pressure gases, chemical management) homepage and General Affairs and Research Safety Group, Research Information Department (isotope management, radiation control, animal experiment project management, etc.) homepage for research related safety information.